The Senior Medical Officer will play a key leadership role in the management of clinical services and drive changes and improvements in line with international best practices, guidelines, and donor requirements. The incumbent will support the program in the coordination of clinical day-to-day service delivery and support the Deputy Director in the delivery of programmatic and research activities.
Responsible for the biomedical interventions for the attainment of HIV prevention and treatment cascade for the CHRCs and CART teams across all project states.
• Lead in providing clinical services at the Community Health and Research Centre (CHRC) and intervention communities.
• Actively manage referrals for appropriate interventions, including diagnostic, therapeutic, counselling, psychology and education as required.
• Lead the implementation of add-on clinical interventions and management of co-morbidities among KP PLHIV and serves as coordinator of CPHI trauma-informed mental health services at the field level.
• Lead in providing STI management services at the field office level.
• Develop collaborative working relationships with community health services, non-government public health providers, and relevant non-health agencies to help to support the treatment and care of enrolled populations.
• Lead the team in ensuring compliance with established health and safety policies, SOPs, and guidelines; and ensure the functional license of the clinic and team.
•Ensure all client information in client/ patient folders is correct and up to date to maximise funding opportunities.
•Participate in selecting local suppliers and validate, after Local Market Assessment, for purchase of drugs, clinic consumables and equipment according to MDM standards.
•Ensure that the essential equipment and supplies required for clinical management and care are available, managed well and maintained in good condition.
•Identify and promote operational research at the site level and build staff capacity in case presentations and elaboration of scientific papers.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Level of Education –MBBS, Master’s degree in health sciences, social science, community
development, or allied fields.
- Practice License with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- In-depth knowledge of legal policies and regulations in the healthcare sector.
- Minimum of 7 years of clinical experience, including HIV/AIDS programming in Nigeria.
- Experience in working with Key Populations in a Non-Profit Organization.
- Research/statistical skills are an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, supervisory & interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office suites
- Effective organizational, managerial, and administrative skills.
- Aptitude for problem-solving.
- Ability to work well individually and in a team.